StrongGirl Peppermint Mocha Cupcakes
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 serving StrongGirl™ Isolate, Vanilla Ice Cream
- ¾ cup granulated stevia
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 extra-large whole egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup natural applesauce
- 2 tbsp. peppermint extract
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, protein powder, stevia, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Mix milk, Greek yogurt, applesauce, peppermint extract and vanilla extract in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and gently mix until well combined. Break up candy canes into very fine pieces. (Putting them in a plastic bag and smashing with a glass works well.) Add to batter and fold in.
- Spoon batter into 11 cupcake papers. Bake for about 14 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Set cupcakes out on a wire rack and cool completely. Once cooled, begin to make hot chocolate frosting.
- In a food processor or mixer, add Greek yogurt, protein powder, cocoa powder, hot chocolate mix and stevia. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 to 2 tbsp. of frosting on to each cupcake (make sure cupcakes are fully cooled). You’ll notice there is quite a bit of frosting left. You can freeze it or use it for another protein treat! Top cupcakes with crushed candy canes, chocolate chips or Christmas sprinkles.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving and removing them from the muffin tin.